|Posted by UPAC on January 21, 2015 at 10:50 AM|
As you may be aware, for the past year many state and federal agencies have been engaged in revising the archaeological site recording system in Utah. After consultation with the archaeological community, a final draft version has been completed and is posted on the Utah Professional Archaeological Council (UPAC) website (posted below).
A separate (but connected) project developing an electronic site form generator and wireless application is also underway.
The agencies are now soliciting comments on the final draft through March 15th. Be aware that the manual has not yet been formatted, so that headings, font, indentation, etc., will not be completed until the final version.
Should you have questions about the project please contact David Yoder ([email protected] or 801-537-9014
David T. Yoder
Utah Governor's Public Lands Policy Coordination Office
Final draft for the new site forms available for review.
- Manual: http://www.upaconline.org/files/UACS/Utah_Archaeology_Site_Form_Manual_draft_20150115.pdf
- Part A: http://www.upaconline.org/files/UACS/Part_A_draft_20150115.pdf
- Part B: http://www.upaconline.org/files/UACS/Part_B_draft_20150115.pdf
- Part C: http://www.upaconline.org/files/UACS/Part_C_draft_20150115.pdf
- Part D: http://www.upaconline.org/files/UACS/Part_D_draft_20150115.pdf