The Utah Professional Archaeological Council (UPAC) was established in May 1982 to maintain and promote the goals of professional archaeology in the state of Utah.
Our Goals Include:
- Establishing and promoting high standards of archaeological research, reporting and management.
- Establishing and promoting a mechanism to represent professional archaeological interests in political and public forums.
- Establishing and promoting a mechanism for communication within the archaeological community.
- Establishing and promoting a mechanism for arbitrating disputes within the archaeological community.
- Establishing and promoting the annual journal, Utah Archaeology.
- Promoting public education and interest in the fields of archaeology and cultural resource management.
- Providing advice to the State, Federal and other regulatory agency archaeologists upon request or as deemed appropriate.
- Publishing and encouraging the publication of archaeological research.
- Concern with the archaeology of Utah.
Subscribe to the UPAC Email List